Friday 29 March 2013

Early morning in Marrakech and leaving for Essaouira

27 February 2011

Day 2 - Sunday
What with Ron and Sarah's lovely snoring duets and noisy neighbours above and sideways, I didn't sleep to well. But hey, I'm on holiday and does it matter?  Nah, I don't think so!!  Got up at 7.30am and after fighting with the door lock went on to the Hotel roof terrace.  The Jeema El Fna empty and being cleaned down - you wouldn't believe it had been the same place last night when it was teeming with people, cars, mopeds, motorbikes, pushbikes, donkeys, carts, stalls and such a hive of activity.  A beautiful warm morning and needing to wear sunglasses (bliss!)  Sat enjoying the early morning sun and watched as the Square started to fill up again.
A good breakfast - orange juice, omelette, bread and preserve set us up for the day.  Left Hotel Ali at 11.30am (after another fight with the door lock!!)  for trip to CTM bus station.  Rucksack put on the coach and then I got into a right panic as I couldn't find my new camera. Had a quick search of my rucksack but not there.  No time to go back to Hotel Ali, so decided we would e-mail or phone when we arrived at our riad in Essaouira.  Had a lovely bus ride, picking up other passengers as we passed through towns and villages, stopping half-way for toilet break.  Woo hoo - managed the squat toilet OK (it's an art-form) without splashing my legs too much!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment